- For the Potatoes:
- 2lbs Yukon Gold or red skin potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tsp minced garlic
- 1tsp spicy Pimentón de La Vera smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- For the Salsa Brava:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 128-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 1small onion, diced
- 2tsp spicy Pimentón de La Vera smoked paprika
- A few dashes of hot sauce (to taste)
- 1tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1tsp sugar
- Sea salt
- Finely chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Alioli for serving
FOR THE POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Coat potato pieces with olive oil, minced garlic, the paprika and sea salt to taste, then place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and fork tender, stirring once.
FOR THE SALSA BRAVA:
Over medium-high heat, sauté onion in olive oil about 8 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, salt, paprika, sherry vinegar, sugar and hot sauce, stir and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
Allow sauce to cool, then transfer to a food processor and puree.
Serve the potatoes in separate shallow bowls or cazuelas, drizzled liberally with the salsa brava. Garnish with parsley and serve with alioli.
Calories 450; Total Fat 10.1 gr (13%); Saturated Fat 1.3 gr (6%); Cholesterol 2 mg (1%); Sodium 1785 mg (78%); Total Carbohydrates 76.5 gr (28%); Fiber 23.5 gr (84%); Sugars 36.8 gr ; Protein 17.7 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 55%; Potassium 14%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.