Receta de Almejas a la Marinera - Clams in Garlic Wine Sauce Recipe
La Tienda Kitchens
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup onion, minced
- 2cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2tsp flour
- 1inch piece of dried chili pepper or ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2cup white wine
- 1/2tsp Flor de Garum Fish Sauce (optional)
- 2dozen littleneck clams
- 3tbsp minced parsley
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
Soak clams in salted water for a couple of hours to remove any sand. Discard any clams that do not close when you tap on them.
Heat the olive oil in a medium sized skillet. Cook the onion, garlic and chili pepper on medium low heat until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the flour and stir until combined. Add fish sauce (if using) and the wine. Stir until smooth.
Bring the heat to high, then add the clams and 2 tbsp of parsley. Mix well, cover and cook for about 4 minutes. After 4 minutes or when clams open, adjust seasoning of the sauce with salt and pepper. Move clams to bowls and cover with sauce, discarding any clams that didn’t open.
Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and a good crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
Calories 190; Total Fat 14.5 gr (19%); Saturated Fat 2.1 gr (10%); Cholesterol 15 mg (5%); Sodium 668 mg (29%); Total Carbohydrates 5.3 gr (2%); Fiber 0.8 gr (3%); Sugars 1 gr; Protein 6.1 gr; Vitamin D 9%; Calcium 3%; Iron 37%; Potassium 5%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.