- 1fresh lemon, halved
- 5oz red wine infused cheese, cut into ½-¾-inch pieces
- 1tbsp shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1tbsp orange blossom honey
- 2Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into ½-¾-inch pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 16roasted hazelnuts or 8 walnuts, chopped
- Mixed salad greens for serving
In a mixing bowl, toss the cut apple pieces and juice from half of the lemon together. Set aside while you make the dressing.
Make the dressing by whisking the shallot, honey, vinegar, and juice from remaining half of lemon in a bowl. Slowly stir in the olive oil to emulsify it with the vinegar mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cheese cubes to the apples and toss with the dressing. Arrange lettuce, dressed apples and cheese on a platter or individual bowls or plates and sprinkle with the chopped nuts. Drizzle any remaining dressing from the bowl over the salads.
Serve immediately with a glass of Spanish white or rosé wine.
Serving Size 8.9 oz/252 gr; Calories 357; Calories from Fat 229; Total Fat 25.8 gr (40%); Saturated Fat 8.6 gr (43%); Trans Fat 0.4 gr; Cholesterol 36 mg (12%); Sodium 547 mg (23%); Total Carbohydrates 22 gr (7%); Fiber 5 gr (18%); Sugars 15 gr; Protein 11 gr (22%); Vitamin A 91%; Vitamin C 22%; Calcium 29%; Iron 7%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.