- 1 1/2 cups (250 gr) dried white beans
- 1Serrano ham bone
- Salt, pepper, and sweet smoked paprika
- 1Generous lb (500 g) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1Generous lb (500 g) turnip tops, alternatively kale or savoy cabbage, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2chorizos, cut into pieces
- 1/4lb of smoked pork belly or pancetta, cubed
Soak the beans overnight in plenty of cold water.
Next day, bring the beans and the ham knuckle and pork belly to a boil in 8 1/2 cups/2 liters of water. Season with the salt, pepper and paprika, and simmer for about 1 hour.
Remove the ham bone and add the potatoes, vegetables, chorizo and pork belly. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Serve the soup in earthenware bowls.