- 6thick slices freshly baked crusty bread
- 6-7oz Bonito del Norte tuna in olive oil
- 3whole roasted piquillo peppers, finely diced
- 1/2small green pepper, ribs and seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 1/2tsp capers
- 2shallots, peeled and finely minced
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp plus 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Juice from a small fresh lemon
- 1 1/2tsp honey
- Sea salt to taste and fresh black pepper
- Anchovy stuffed olives and lemon wedges to serve
In a glass or stainless steel bowl, make the vinaigrette by stirring together all the ingredients except tuna and bread. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for at least 1 hour.
Drain the tuna and gently separate into pieces. Arrange the tuna evenly over the bread slices, then spoon 1-2 tbsp of vinaigrette over each.
This recipe easily doubles.
Serve as part of your tapas spread with anchovy stuffed olives and lemon wedges.
Calories 323; Total Fat 15.1 gr (19%); Saturated Fat 2 gr (10%); Cholesterol 0 mg ; Sodium 804 mg (35%); Total Carbohydrates 28 gr (10%); Fiber 1.8 gr (6%); Sugars 4.4 gr ; Protein 21 gr; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 14%; Potassium 5%.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.