Fried Marcona Almonds by Peregrino (2.2 Pounds)
- Fresh Marconas sprinkled with sea salt
- Just a handful a day can lower bad cholesterol
- Plenty for a party!
- Size - 2.2 lb/1 kilo
These are my favorite Marcona almonds -- lightly sautéed in oil, sprinkled with sea salt and sealed in a plastic bag for freshness.
Don't confuse them with their American cousins which have quite a different flavor. Crunchy Marcona almonds are smooth and juicy with an incomparably sweet delicate taste. The 2.2 pound bag is the perfect size for almond lovers - and their guests.
Spain is the only source of Marcona almonds in the world. Since Spaniards covet them for many of their traditional gourmet treats, there remains a very limited supply of Marcona almonds for the rest of the world.
What makes Marconas even more precious is that the trees are early bloomers, making them especially vulnerable to late spring frosts. The small groves are found along the Mediterranean coasts of Spain -- from the southern coast of Málaga, proceeding east up the Mediterranean coast to Tarragona.
Unlike California almonds with their light brown porous shells, Marcona almonds have a protective hard shell that resists insects. For this reason they may be grown naturally with no need for herbicides.
Almonds are one of the healthiest snacks. The nutrient density is so high that a small portion provides substantial nutrients. They also have a high content of cholesterol fighting mono unsaturated oil. A recent study showed that when people eat roughly a handful of almonds a day, they lowered their LDL cholesterol by 3%!
Marcona almonds, salt, olive oil and sunflower oil.
Serving size 1oz (30g). Servings per container 33, Calories 190. Total fat 17g (22%), Saturated fat 2.5g (13%), Trans fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg. Sodium 220mg (10%), Total carbohydrate 3g (1%), Dietary fiber 3g (11%), Total sugars 0g, includes 0g added sugars. Protein 8g. Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%, Potassium 4%. *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
All information listed on our website, including nutrient content information, ingredient lists, and information relating to health claims is for informational purposes only and not provided as medical advice. You should carefully read all information in the actual product packaging and labels, including for food allergen, nutrient content and qualified health claims before using or consuming a product. La Tienda does not assume any liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Use and Care
Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. For longer storage, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
May We Suggest
"Best almonds ever!"
Manuel - Arlington , VA May 2023
"These are the best almonds I have ever tasted. I hope to always have them on hand."
Patricia - Mesa, AZ September 2021
"Excellent product with subtle taste. Nice packaging."
DAVID - TULSA, Oklahoma July 2014
"Wonderful product! My husband and I are addicted. Great that they're healthy as well as delicious. I would rather they were sautéed in olive oil rather than sunflower oil, though. I think it does make a difference. "
LORRAINE - PASADENA, CA June 2014
"love this nuts!!!"
arlene - chevy chase, MD April 2013
"Just fabulous / the best quality!!!"
MARYANN - TUCSON, AZ April 2013
"These nuts are outstanding--great flavor, not as oily as many marconas--hard to stop eating them!"
s. - May 2010